Dry Mouth and Dentures
Dry Mouth and Denture Wearers
- Saliva is extremely important and is essential to everybody’s health, but especially to denture wearers.
- Saliva helps create suction between the denture and the gum tissue. This helps stabilize and retain the denture. Saliva acts as a lubricant. This helps to prevent irritation and abrasion that can cause sore spots under the denture
- Finally, saliva is important in the prevention of many oral diseases such as Candida, also known as oral thrush, oral stomatitis and angular cheilosis, which are sores at the corner of the mouth.
Medication / Radiation
Dry Mouth is a side effect of many common medications such as blood pressure medicine, decongestants and anti-depressants.
Systemic conditions such as Sjogrens’s Syndrome, diabetes, digestive problems, salivary gland tumors and liver dysfunction all reduce saliva production, resulting in Dry Mouth.
Breathing through your mouth, not drinking enough water (Dehydration), and tobacco relation solutions all contribute to Dry Mouth.
As we age, our salivary glands tend to produce less saliva, resulting in Dry Mouth.
A Unique Line of Denture Solutions that Reduce Dry Mouth and Sore Spots!
Anyone with Dentures should pay attention to the solutions and medications they use and be aware of how they may impact their oral health and general well-being. After seeing patients suffer from the same unaddressed issues like Dry Mouth and Oral Infections for decades, Dr. Lorin Berland develop0ed a line of oral care solutions specially designed for the unique needs of denture-wearers.
Adhesadent Denture Adhesive
Adhesadent is the only denture adhesive that is specifically designed to treat and prevent dry mouth. Our unique formula contains Aloe Vera and Vitamins A, D & E to moisturize and sooth the gums, and a new copolymer that provides a strong, long-lasting hold yet is easier to clean from the appliance and gums. Adhesadent has the ADA Se3al of Acceptance, while Fixodent and Poligrip do not.
Cleanadent Denture & Gum Wipes
- The Only Moist Wipes for Cleaning Prosthetics & Gums
- Perfect for Restaurants, The Office, The Car or Anywhere Else
- Individually Packaged For Portable Hygiene
- Cleans, Soothes & Moisturizes with Vitamins, Aloe Vera, Coconut Oil & Tea Tree Oil
- Great at Removing Denture Adhesive, Stains, Food & Odor!
- Ultra-Low Abrasive, Safely Cleans Prosthetics
- Removes Biofilm, Stains, Odor, Debris, Food and Plaque
- Moisturizes, Refreshes & Soothes Gums
- Melts Adhesive Away from Denture & Mouth
- Rich in Aloe Vera, Coconut Oil, Tea Tree Oil and Vitamins A, D & E
- The Only Dental Prosthetic & Mouth Toothpaste with the ADA Seal of Acceptance!